1. Have your new product thoroughly engineered, prototyped, and tested. You don’t want any unpleasant surprises when the production shipment comes in.
2. Show your product to as many of your potential customers as possible. They might have good feedback on possible improvements to the product and/or how it should be packaged. Get their input on what they think would be the best price to sell your product would be.
3. Have a U.S. graphics company design attractive, professional looking packaging. The packaging reflects the quality of the product.
4. Packaging and assembly are cheap in China, so you can have the complete product made an assembled over there, saving you time and expense.
5. Learn all you can about every possible sales and marketing niche for your product and industry.